- Parking signs are being changed to include residents' permits but some details may change as LCC are taking the opportunity to standardise the parking restrictions
- Broad Street is not in the residents' parking zone, but residents will still be eligible to but permits that can be used in other streets.
- Parking restrictions will apply 7 days a week on all roads with the exception of Broad St.
- Households will only be able to buy one permit (listing up to two cars)
- You will be able to buy a book of 10 visitor permits for £15 - these can be used for visitors and tradesmen. Up to 10 books can be purchased.
- Permits and visitor permits will be available from Maiden Lane. Proof of residence and that the car is registered at that address will also be required.
The scheme is designed around parking in 'dual use' bays - i.e. spaces can be used by residents, shoppers, visitors etc, but only cars displaying a permit will be able to stay beyond the 2 hour limit. Parking in Stamford is in short supply and so reserving spaces for the exclusive use of residents was not though to be workable by the council nor the residents campaigning for the parking scheme.