· A permit will allow you to stay in the time restricted bays in the Scheme Zone Mon-Sun, without restriction
· There will be a single Scheme Zone for Stamford rather than the 5 initially proposed.
· You can have one permit per household, but up to 4 cars listed on it – Cost £50 pa
· Books of 10 visitor day permits will be available as well (with or without a permit) – Cost £15
· Businesses can also use the scheme
· The Scheme Zone extended from the earlier proposal to include Barnack Rd, but excludes Gresley Drive
· The Scheme Zone excludes Short/Long Term Parks, part of Bath Row and part of Broad St
· Only cars and bikes will be eligible – permits will not be available for trailers, caravans or vans
· The new scheme should be in place before the current permits expire (31 March 2014)
· The scheme can be applied District-wide
It still needs to be approved and implemented, but it looks like SKDC have listened to what we have been saying to them, which is a result for residents as well as businesses and visitors to Stamford.
If you want to know more, see item 6 on the SKDC cabinet agenda: http://moderngov.southkesteven.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=164&MId=2925